Monday, February 27, 2006

Hamilton Cove, State I



February 25, 2006 Solar Plate Etching with Brown Ink 4"x6"

This is my first test plate with the solar plate etching process. Parts of the plate are under exposed and I think the problem is primarily the transparency that I used. The other potential issue is the sun. I exposed the plate at noon and noticed how low the sun was in the sky. I think I exposed the plate for more than enough time but next time I will try to tip the plate at an angle so it is parallel to the sun. This was the second of two proofs, the first printed very light as I removed too much ink. All things considered I am very pleased with my results and encouraged that this low toxic method of making a printing plate can produce such a wonderful print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home