Monday, February 13, 2006

Woodbury Mountain, State II



February 8, 2006

Chiaroscuro print

3.5"x6"

I pulled a small proof edition of thirteen prints after fixing the color block a little bit. The color for the original proof run was a little strong so I added just a tiny bit of black to the color and I think it made a great difference. That and breaking up some of the smooth lines of the color areas in the snow covered hill made a nice difference.

This image is taken from an old drawing of a farm I lived at in Woodbury, Vermont. The old farm is known as Tranquility Farm and is perhaps the most beautiful place I have ever lived. You climb up this little hill and see the only view of Woodbury mountain from one end to the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home