Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Group Monoprint 1



February 12, 2007

Monoprint

7"x5"

At the last MFAIA residency I ran a brief workshop with my advising group. I brought in my small Holbein press and eight of us worked on these prints as a group. I inked up the first few plates and passed them around. Each person then manipulated the ink and passed it around the table. After awhile I introduced color and let others roll the ink on the plate. The prints are rather fascinating and I enjoyed pulling them for the group. The experience went so well that I am thinking about running a workshop like this for the summer residency and may even offer it as a class at the local arts center here in Vermont. I would appreciate any comments on the work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home