Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Familiar View


May 26, 2007
Four-color Bic pen
4"x5"
Now there may be some purists out there that will scream, but yes I used a Bic four-color pen for this sketch. I had been thinking about how in the course of two years I have used a variety of tools for my sketches. Markers, pencils, charcoal and even a litho crayon. When I applied to the program I included two sketches made with a black and a blue ball-point pen. The program director commented about them as did my first semester advisor, Pete Hocking. I thought about going back to using a ball-point pen and thought it would be interesting to introduce a limited "pen" palette by using the standard Bic colors. It is an odd palette at best as there is no yellow but it is somehow just enough. I plan to experiment with a few more of these drawings this weekend and see if I can improve on this first effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home