Friday, October 26, 2007

Clay Hill



October 25, 2007

Block and Letterpress Print

11"x7"

Here is the first proof off of the Line-O-Scribe sign making machine that I bought off of ebay earlier this month. This is the third of three proofs that I pulled and the potential is great with this machine. I am excited about using it to just print my blocks and then if you add a poem like I did here the possibilities are limitless. I plan to make a small edition with three color block in addition to the black and white keyblock and text you see here.

2 Comments:

At 2:44 PM , Blogger Sam Adams said...

That's awesome that you got the press! I like this print a lot. I like the minimal of it. Reminds me of chinese script.

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

Hi, I just got a line-o-scribe sign printer proof press. Does yours have the dial to set the pressure? I saw a picture of a line-o-scribe show card press (the one that only prints the rubber type) and it had inking rollers on a separate carriage---does yours have anything like that? It's hard to find information about these presses but I think they're great! I also want to do relief blocks as well as type.
Lynn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home