Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Montpelier Winter Scroll



March 2008

Six multiple plate reduction prints

37"x11"

This is my second attempt at figuring out exactly how I wish to present and build these hanging scrolls of multiple prints. I used wheat paste to glue a backing sheet onto the finished scroll. This helped make the scroll a stronger object but the glue wrinkled the paper and caused it to buckle in more than one place. You can just barely see the many problems in this terrible photograph. Right now I am working on a third scroll and have created an exact duplicate backing that will not be glued, instead I am in the process of quilting the backing panel to the front panel with four prints. This should work very well and I have ordered some plexiglass rods to hang the scroll on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home