Friday, May 18, 2012

Tritium Leaks

May 17, 2012
Pencil on paper
4.5x6.75"

Back in 2007-8 I had an idea at the end of my graduate studies at Goddard College about sketching VT Yankee and using the drawing as a springboard for a series of prints and paper constructions. After almost five years I used a vacation day and took a two-hour drive down to southern NH to make a 20 minute sketch.


It could not have been a more beautiful day and I actually had to hunt for a place to sketch by using Google maps and was pleased to find a nature trail along the NH side of the Connecticut River, across from the power plant. There is this contradiction of sketching in the spring-time bounty that is VT across from a symbol of what is to me, the nearsighted corporate greed that is rampant though out this country.

How many accidents do we need before it is shut down?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home