Friday, May 03, 2013

Maine Coast Diptych










May 2, 2013
Carborundum Proof
5"x14.5"

Spent the day at SPA in Barre yesterday and figured out a lot about how to print these strange carborundum Plexiglas plates.  This is the ghost from two prints I pulled off of these two plates.  First, I managed to print multiple plates at once without them slipping.  Second, I managed to discover how to put the second color on the plates.  I was rolling the second color and that did not work very well and was unpredictable.  Then I daubed the ink on and buffed it down but it was not quite what I was looking for.  Then I daubed the ink on and blotted it off like a hand-pulled monotype.  This gives me more control and while you cannot see it well here, there is this wonderful light green-yellow color on the whit area's that makes the blue-green really pop.

This design is part of an ongoing Rorschach landscape series that I keep coming back to.  There is something trans formative about this style of print and I hope to get back to SPA soon to pull this again and then put the plates in the opposite position from how I placed them here.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I truly believe this web
site needs much more attention. I'll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the information!

My website; waist to hip ratio

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home