Thursday, November 17, 2005

Eight Blue Phils



November 16, 2005

Nine Copper Etchings on Paper

9"x6.5"

This little experiment could not have been more fun to print and although it is not perfect, it is a great start. I made a template and printed each image in rapid succession.

The mistake I made was waiting to long to re-soak the paper and the seventh blue print came out light for some reason. In two weeks I will be back on the big press and try again, soaking the paper after three inkings of the plate. The red is also not strong enough, I may try adding a little blue, black or brown to the red and hope it strengthens the color a bit.

Besides that I am really pleased with how well the nine printings of the plate lined up on a single sheet of paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home