Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Cold River, State III



March 18, 2006

Solarplate Etching

4"x5.75"

The last proof I pulled showed a fine horizontal line across the plate from the copier I used to make my transparency. You can just barely see it here but it is bad enough that I would not pull an edition off the plate. So I tried my own solution to the problem. Using a thinned down silicon I painted over the line before pulling this proof and it worked just a little. I have added a second coat of silicon and will probably apply at least 1-2 more coats before I pull another proof. The neat thing is that I set the silicon with a hair dryer and it smoothed the silicon almost perfectly to the plate so there was not a bump or ridge for the ink to leave a mark. With a little luck I will be able to remove the line altogether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home