Monday, August 06, 2007

Crawford Notch


August 4, 2007
Pencil on Paper
5"x7.75"
The story that goes with this sketch is pretty wonderful and makes me thankful that I am recording these "sketching adventure" stories in this blog. I pulled over at this scenic view and started to draw when a dozen motorcycles roared into the lot and started to talk amongst themselves. They were tourists and were trying to find some bar with a view of Mount Washington. I could not help but listen as they parked about 20 feet away from where I stood. I finished, closed my sketch book and headed to my car. The closest bikers were three women and one big guy in his 50's with a tank top and one of those half-helmets on. He walked out in front on me and said with a smile, "you can't get past me until I see if you are any good." I walked up to the group and showed them my drawing. They oooo'd and aaah'd and one of them said, oh you are good. We talked for a minute as they asked directions and then I went to my car. As they roared off something fell off from one of the bikes. I went to grab it and waved but they were gone. It was a digital camera with no ID. So I jumped into my car and raced after them. It took me awhile to catch up and almost 30 miles later they pulled over to figure out where they were headed. It was one of the ladies camera I talked to and she screamed, called me an angel and gave me a couple of hugs. All the bikers were shaking my hand and saying what a nice guy I was to chase them for 30 miles. She tried to give me some cash but I took the good karma from my good deed and headed home. That night I bet there were about 14 bikers toasting me over drinks as the nice little artists who returned that woman's camera. That and the drawing came out pretty well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home