Monday, November 17, 2008

Quabbin Sketch


November 2008
Charcoal Pencil
3"x4"
This little sketch is something that has haunted me for a long time. Back in the late 1980' I had a dream about this tree and in the dream I knew that it was from the Quabbin Reservoir in Massachussetts. I had been there many times but this was not exactly anywhere I had been.
Over the years I have painted this image and made several prints but nothing has come close to the dream. Even though the dream was a static image, it had life and movement. The other day I had an idea to make many monotypes on a small scale (3"x4") and make a flip book. The nature of the monotype will make each print just a little different and hopefully, the effect of them in a flip book will create a dream-like quality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home