Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Portal No. 1






















January 20, 2014
2 plate block-print
3 3/4"

This print was inspired from a project I did not participate in and I am excited to create a series of small round landscape prints. The sun is overly idealized and I doubt I will use this effect again, but I have begun a series of drawings below and will begin to carve the first design tomorrow as the drawing has been transferred to the block.

The color in this one is a little nicer than the gray proof I pulled last week and there has been some minor editing to both blocks.  Pulled a small edition and plan to print a proof of the second image this weekend.


1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM , Blogger Sam Adams said...

For what it's worth Phil, I agree that the sun is over-idealized. However, I like the print overall and very much like the shadows cast by the fence posts(?).

--Sam

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home