Thursday, April 03, 2014

Absence and Presence II
















March 2014
Copy, pen and white-out
8"x10"

This sketch is ready to be carved on a block of linoleum.  After being asked to submit work to an international response and series of exhibits to the March 5, 2007 bombing of Al Mutanabbi Street in Baghdad I struggled at first. I took a literal spin on the project and tried to create a drawing of books in a pile of refuse.

After some thought I realized, I needed to stick to my muse, the landscape. While looking at photos online I realized this was the perfect opportunity to continue my ongoing exploration of double meaning and reverse images with a Rorschach landscape. This one is very different as the images are not the same and I have separated them by putting them into two circular designs. After I transfer it to a block I will carve and create a two color print of this design.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home