Thursday, August 16, 2007

Green River Reservoir II



August 15, 2007

Monotype

6"x9"

There is something about this image that fascinates me. Taken from a drawing done this spring at the Green River Reservoir I think I will work with it again in a week. Perhaps it is the lone tree on the island that seems to me to be somewhat haunting and almost sad. I plan to work on the big press on the 1st of September and hope to pull two prints that use the same image but are a mirror image of the view show here. In the past I have done this idea as a Rorschach landscape and have an idea of finding the right image and burning multiple solar plates to create a Rorschach diptych and this might just be the right image to use.

4 Comments:

At 6:49 PM , Blogger Sam Adams said...

I think this is an improvement upon the original. I think there is very strong balance in the shading of the mountains and the rocks in the foreground.

A device?

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger workspace said...

A device, this is cryptic but thanks for the comment about this print. It really helps to get your occasional two-cents as often i feel I am working in a vacuum. But the blog helps even though I don't get as many comments as I'd like. Thanks Sam, P

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Sam Adams said...

By a device I meant by portraying two distinct objects in physical counterpoint, i.e. sky/earth; mountain/lake, were you attempting to convey a message about an object present in the piece? I guess I ask because that was the first thing that caught my attention.

 
At 1:34 PM , Blogger workspace said...

compositionally, yes I often use this use of sky/land/water to portray space in a plastic 2-D way.

I thought you might be making a counter-culture joke.

P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home