Thursday, October 20, 2005

Little Machias Cove



October 19, 2005

Aluminum Monotype on Paper

5"x7"

This little Monotype came out very well and was taken from a drawing done in Maine this past summer.

The sky is a little uneven across the top but the islands are starting to have a conversation of sorts. There is a relationship between the land masses and I enjoy the movement of the water. I did pull a ghost from this plate but the paper shifted when I pulled it off the press and smudged the image.

4 Comments:

At 8:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I sense a dreamlike quality and easy, peaceful mood while viewing this work.

Maddy:)

 
At 2:45 AM , Blogger Pete Hocking said...

I agree with your commentary about this print. there is an interesting conversation emerging between the sky and land. This is an exciting development.

I'd also add that there is a wonderful substance to the sky. It has weight and meaning.

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger workspace said...

Clarkelane, this little print is the start of something special and I hope to move forward with this level of imagery. The heavy sky is partially a result of the medium but it is also a big part the way I am using the medium.

It is exciting!

Thanks, P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home