Monday, October 31, 2005

The Tree


October 30, 2005
Aluminum Monotype
7"x5"

At first I was not happy with this print and the drawing almost never made it onto a plate. But there is something about the variety of marks that is starting to speak to me.

The lone tree is broken up into several different groups of leaves and branches but still reads as a single form. And the agitated sky reminds me of the cool fall we had this year.

Grass, brush and hill all move silently around the tree as if to embrace and support the tall form all alone in this field.

2 Comments:

At 6:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me where can I find more material -----------------------------------------------------------------------------order-meridia order

 
At 2:36 PM , Blogger Pete Hocking said...

Oddly enough, this reminds me of Munch's The Scream. I think it's the line and the centrality of the figure.

I'm not sure that this works -- for the reasons you describe. Maybe you need to push the line a bit more -- imbue it with more meaning and emotion? What would happen to this tree if there was a big wind....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home