Friday, November 04, 2005

Rocks and Snow















October 29, 2005
Permanent Marker and Whiteout
3"x4.25"

On a cold crisp October day,
The bright sun shone on an old apple tree,
In a rocky cow field.

A steep hill of white,
Wraps around the stand of trees.

Puffy white clouds dance,
Swiftly across a deep blue sky.

This is a nice little drawing but I do not like the clouds and I think a blank sky with a downward fade would work well in print form. It will be a challenge to draw the barren trees in a monotype, but I look forward to the challenge.

2 Comments:

At 2:33 PM , Blogger Pete Hocking said...

Do you ever look at Cezanne's trees? I don't think I ever really saw a tree until I saw -- or really looked at -- Cezanne's paintings of trees.

I like the verse.

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger workspace said...

I never realized how a tree relates to its surroundings, until I really looked at and understood what Cezanne was doing!

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home